A good couple of days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv had a good couple of days . My ears unblocking really well . Still have a bit of congestion but nothing I can't handle . No pain . It drives home how much it's affected my life . Iv taken myself away from things and other people especially because of the ear sensitivity . I'm hoping this lasts though I'm not holding out much hope . Fingers crossed

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's wonderful!! Anything you attribute these great couple of days to??

• Posted

Hi there,  I'm so pleased you've at last got some relief.  Could also be stresses that isn't helping the condition.  Allergies are miserable too.  Fingers crossed you continue to do well.  What medication are you on ?

Regards Anne

• Posted

I'm on a strong nasal spray and anti histamines . I'm also using ear drops for a fungal ear infection brought on by all the steroid ear drops iv been using for the past year . Iv also de cluttered anything in my bedroom that was a dust magnet like a wicker thing with drawers that sat beside my bed . I still have tinnitus though I doubt that will ever go . I wonder if I have had a fungal ear infection for a while which has made the etd worse and the drops are now starting to work

• Posted

Hi again Nashile,

You didn't mention what your meds are called.  You've done the right thing by getting rid of anything that dust can gather on, however, house dust will never be eradicated.  I've got rid of all my soft furnishings, carpets etc......such a nuisance !!  Tinnitus never goes, also had mine for 30 years, but I cope with it by trying to ignore it, some days are worse than others.  Stress makes it louder.  And of course when lying in bed in the quiet it's worse.  Never heard of a fungal infection inside of the ear.  Your GP should be able to enkighten you with this.  I use Citrizine antihistamine and find they help a lot and also make me very drowsy, so usually take it at bed time.

Anne

• Posted

I'm on mometasone furoate two sprays once daily and loratadine anti histamines . Yeah fungal ear infections can occur with using steroid drops a lot . I think it's like thrush in the ear canal

• Posted

Are you in the US ?  I've used ear drops before, but only antibiotic ones.  Never heard of thrush in the ear, that's new to me.  I don't find Loratadine work that well for me, so now on Citrizine, which work well.

I'm in England and the Winter months from December to end of February never very good for me.  I keep a diary of the seasons and how they affect me. I'm doing pretty good at the moment and my next visit to my ENT Consultant will be in April.  Fingers crossed I'll be able to report that I'm doing ok at the moment.

Anne

• Posted

Glad your doing well just now . Yeah I was surprised by the thrush in the ear . Tell me how your ent app goes. my doctor said they would refer me again if my problems continued but I'm thinking of going private . Yeah I'm in the uk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.