A Mysterious Shortness of breath

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, hope you're doing well. I'm going to tell you my story and thank you for your time.

So, I'm a medical student, and I was a representative of my class (which has 741 students). Every class needs 3 representatives, and they are called "BDE", which stands for "Bureau d'étudiants" or "Commission of students". All BDEs from all classes make up a commission.

It was a good experience and I wanted to try it, so I applied in my first year and failed, but I succeeded in my second year.

The BDE has an essential role, which is to represent the students in everything, especially problems. For example, when a professor wants to send a lecture to the students, we are the "Whatsapp" contact. When a problem happens, we are the ones who take action.

To be honest, I don't find this very rewarding. I only do a few tasks, and they are not very important. But everyone loves me.

I wanted to do so many things that would be helpful for my class, and not just send lectures and stuff. So that's what happened. I made incredible efforts, such as creating a guide for every material subject. Everyone really loved this. I also collaborated with other students to create MCQ banks, resumes, notes, and much more. In the end, I made a great and memorable effort, but fully exhausted.

The problem with all of this is that since I became a BDE representative, I have been lost. I don't know anything about life anymore other than the BDE. I just talk about it, break my fast with it, talk about it, have dinner with it, and sleep with it. I literally don't know anything about life because I'm spending all of my time on my class.

Before, I was a person who only had a limited number of friends. I didn't talk to many people unless I had to. But after becoming a BDE representative, I don't have a single minute to myself. I have to talk to everyone.

So all my efforts, time, and money have been wasted. The commission is also a bad and toxic one. No one has the courage to speak up, and a lot of things have happened. So I just go along with what the class wants.

But after a lot of situations, it was bad for me but not too much. And finally, after I failed an exam and started preparing for the retake, I finally realized that I was just lost, for nothing and for no benefit. So I made my decision, and I finally resigned from all of this.

I was preparing for the retake, and I got the highest grade since I started medical school. And finally, the academic year ended and it's summer vacation.

After I got out of all of this, I started to experience a physical condition that is not good at all. Imagine that if I turn on YouTube on my computer and watch any video whatsoever, this is normal for me and there is no problem. But when I watch videos related to studying or how to study or how to organize my time, I have shortness of breath without any other symptoms.

The problem is that I want to study in the summer, but I don't feel comfortable. To the point that one day I was in a cafe, and I put the computer and notebook in front of me, although I was playing with the computer, but I felt the same feeling and I felt a shortness that prevents me from breathing easily from that day till now, meaning more than a 2 month ago.

What I used to do a lot before was go to a cafe to study but full of smokers (a bad secondhand smoke). I also had a problem with jerking off, and only that. I don't think I've done anything other bad to me than this.

I have tried breathing exercises, but nothing has worked. I have also traveled and tried to forget all of these events. I have seen some doctors, one of whom said it was stress and gave me B12 supplements. I had a chest X-ray and an echocardiogram tests, and both were normal. I don't think I have anxiety or stress, and I don't have any symptoms related to GERD/Acid Reflux, or any symptom other than what I have told you in this story.

Another generalist doctor told me that I have a pharyngitis (which I don't think is the case), and gave me azithromycine pills, biomylase (Alpha-amylase), and B6 vitamin supplements. I took the medication and I felt normal, but today when I studied a little bit, the problem came back (I'm afraid of the idea that studying or something near to it has a relation with this issue because when I got good after taking sore throat medications, I kept playing with the computer in the same sitting position and with the same everything, but why is it different when I wanted to study now, I think that sometimes before I had the same problem even if I wasn't studying, but very rarely. But when the problem came back right after I studied, it has something to do with it, I really don't understand why the problem is psychological but I want to study and I don't feel anything bad about it, I want this field and I don't have any grudges against it.).

What I really feel is like there is a point in my chest that blocks my airways, so I have difficulty burping or yawning, and breathing of course. The sensation of burping or yawning comes to me a lot, such as (the feeling of sneezing but you don't sneeze), but I usually do it only with the help of food that escalates the gas or at certain times. So it's like the burps/yawn are stuck in somewhere in my chest. So when I felt normal after taking the medication for pharyngitis, I felt normal about the breathing, but the problem of burping/yawning was still existing.

I am really worried about this. I don't know what to do. I am afraid that this will affect my studies and my future. I would be grateful if you could help me.

Thank you so much for reading this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.