a nose test....?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

My son had an endoscopy done a week ago and the dr. is sending him for another test through his nose to check his digestive system. 

Why?  Has anyone had this type of test done? 

Thank You. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't know if this is any help. Basically because I have Barrett's and gerd . The hospital have said they need to measure the levels of acid in my stomach and when my symptoms are at their worse. This is done via a tube through the nose. Obviously not sure if it's the same thing just an idea

• Posted

Some endoscopies may be carried out via the nose. (My charity recently purchased a find bore endoscope for our hospital that may be used in this way. )

However, if your son has just had an endoscopy managed normally, it's likely to be a 24 hr pH manometry with two elements - to check the efficacy of the lower oesophageal sphincter and to measure the levels of acid produced.

The attached image is an account of what happens.

• Posted

Hello, 

thank you so much for responding .  But my son is having a nose test at the hospital and it would take only some Minutes, that is my understanding.  

Have you experience this or know of those?  

Thanks again

• Posted

I don't know what test he is having. It could just be manometry without the pH monitoring. That would only take about 10 minutes.

• Posted

Thanks Barrett's, I guess I will know tomorrow.  

I am praying  God's compassion and favor on my son. 

• Posted

I had this test done earlier this year before my Nissen Fundoplication surgery. The test helps them see how everything functions when you swallow. It aids the Dr to be able to see more clearly whats going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.