Abdominal Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I'm new to the forum and was recently diagnosed in December by colonoscopy follwing a rectal blled. Just wanted to know if my symptoms were common; I have abdominal pain that does seem to move from left to right, lower abdomen pain and pain just below solar plexsus. The pain is constant not severe but I am aware of it. 

Generally frustrated and obviously a little concerned as all the information I was given was a leaflet. I'm now taking fybogel following research on the net.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes that sounds right... Along with daily 30 mg of fiber add at least 35 million active probiotics. 6 months symptom free. smile
  • Posted

Yes it is common I get it often I have control of mine with my diet I know it may sound odd but I never eat veg that is grown below ground with veg that is grown above ground for example I don't eat potatoes or carrots when I'm eating cauliflower or broccoli this seems to work well for me for my breakfast I have porridge with a hand full of bran this keeps me r

egular so to speak. I also eat lots of fish and chicken and bananas are a

Easy to digest just give it a try good luck

• Posted

Hi David

Sounds about right the pain you are getting that is sometimes its nagging sometimes painfull , you will find diffrent foods will trigger it so its best for a while write down on a bad fday what you have been eating that day and the day befor then leave it out for a while then if you have a good day do the same and eat more to see how it gos its all a leaning curve david and as boring and painfull as it is it takes time but you will get there if you need anymore help give us a shout.

• Posted

Thank you all for replying I will try probitics and start the food

diary, it seems that diet is key.

I was confused with the pain as everything I have read refers to left sided pain but the major area for me is the solar plexsusand upper abdominal area with right, left and lower pain being secondary areas.

• Posted

mine is more right a lot depens on how many pockets you have most have down left side i have them all round so get pain anywhere but mostly on right. so see how you go
    • Posted

i got a book off the internet its called great taste no pain by sherie brecia i have followed what she says and i barely have any pain just a few niggles but overall im ok she gives good advice in her book and a four day diet to get u used to the diet also a programme for when you are eating out try it it works for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.