Ablation for AVNRT, two years on, still having some palpitations but no SVT episodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had my ablation for SVT at the beginning of 2020 and it went really well. I don't think at the time, leading up to the ablation, I realised how much of a simple and routine procedure it is. They said the ablation was successful and that I had AVNRT (which went up to 270bpm during the EP study).

Recently I've noticed a lot more palpitations than usual (not SVT, more sinus tachycardia and skipped/extra beats and those sorts of flutters). I was wondering if any of this may be an indication of the SVT returning, or if these are seperate issues - as I've had occassional ectopics and missed beats in the past - but now I seem to have them in rows sometimes, and a fast heart rate after eating (around 115bpm).

I do suffer from anxiety, so I'm often paranoid and worrying about my heart flipping out of rhythm and going into SVT. I wouldn't hesitate to get another ablation if I needed one, and if anyone has any questions about my experience with the procedure feel free to ask.

Best wishes

Tommy

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just had my ablation a couple ago. Ive had anxiety as well, and those ectopic beats are definitely caused by anxiety/stress in my case. The ectopic beat was trigger for my SVT episodes. I am still getting those ectopic beats, but no SVT. I get a lot of them. Always have, which is why I would have so many SVT episodes. Sometimes dozens and dozens a day.

As for eating, yes, I have always had a bit of a racing pulse (often with high blood pressure, able to hear it in my ears) after having a large meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.