abnormal bloodwork?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I am 20 and have PCOS and had very high DHEA-S and testosterone, and after taking birth control both are in normal range smile However, while testing these my endocrinologist ordered other tests, and I don't know what they mean and if they are worrying. My endo didn't say anything about them except that I shouldn't take spironolactone because of the low CO2. There are a few that are just on the end of the range, and I don't know if that is worrying or if it's fine unless they are seriously out of the reference range? Basically, I have consistently had a slightly elevated WBC, low CO2 of 20 (range 22-29), low potassium of 3.5 (range 3.5-4.5), high chloride of 107 (range 98-106), low A/G ratio of 1 (range 1.1-2.3), low BUN of 6 (range 7-26), and three midnight salivary cortisol test's ranging from .03-.06 (this seems really low! endo said it's fine but I saw online it shouldn't be below .1?). If anyone has any insight into what these mean, if they are connected to PCOS, or if I should be concerned please let me know! In terms of general symptoms I am very tired until 8 or 9 at night even with 9 hours of sleep, I am always cold, I get slightly dizzy when I stand up, and I get randomly nauseous or feverish. Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.