Abnormal Labs

Posted , 1 user is following.

I recently had labs completed as a general physical due to feeling decreased strength in legs and frequent body chills. The labs showed mild macrocytosis MCV of 107 and a low RBC of 4.1. It also showed low neutrophils 1.82. my hemoglobin was normal. I also had a low anion gap of 3, and elevated BUN and BUN creatnine ratio. My doctor then ordered a B12 and folate level which were both normal.

Because my hemoglobin was normawl my dr did not feel I require additional work up. I felt a little blown off and he was relatively unconcerned. I have had an extensive work up for abdominal problems including CT enterography that were unremarkable. I had an EGD that showed eosinophilic esophagitis. My eosinophil count has also been markedly elevated in the past but is now normal. Several people have commented that I have jaundice, but I have no yellowing of eyes and it appears very mild. My bilirubin and liver enzymes are normal.

I have have noticed increased urinary frequency and have been having problems sleeping. No fever. Not sure if all this is my anxiety, but im having a hard time with my dr not investigating the elevated MCV further with a reticulcyte count / blood smear? Thoughts?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.