About hyperthyroid medicine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm 20 year old girl. I'm diagnosed with hyperthyroid 1 month ago. I was feeling weak, light headed,poor digestion, panic attacks, depression, rapidly weight loss from 4 months. I had many other blood tests, brain mri, ultrasound scan, endoscopy because of some dumb doctors  bcs they were not able to diagnose actual problem. Finally I got an appointment with a homeopathy doctor finally he find that i was suffering from  hyperthyroid and my TSH was 0.15 T3 and T4 is normal .  Also i have b12 deficiency and vitamin D deficiency so I'm taking weekly supplement of vitamin D and 1000 mcg b12 daily. I'm taking homeopathy medicine for 40 days and took 2nd test after 30 days. My TSH is 0.5 now.  I feel a little bit relief from weakness and depression but I'm facing with 2 new problem from last week that is breathtaking problem and very rapid heartrate. I just want to know if i should start allopathy medicine or homeopathy is okay?  Bcs i heard that thyroid take time to start recover. So please let me know if both of medicines take same time. Because some of my friends advising me to start allopathy and never take a chance as i can develop some serious problems. 

Sorry for my poor english😐

Thank you. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi sukhvir, not sure if I can help but when I was first diagnosed with hyperthyrioidism, I had many of your symptoms too including tremors, rapid heart rate, panic attacks etc. I'm not sure of these homepathy / allopathy medication you're taking but I was given carbimazole for my thyroid issue as well as propranolol (temporarily), a beta blocker, to block all the symptoms. It was really effective for me as I stopped experiencing those symptoms soon after and made my life so much easier. It should however be used temporarily as there are side effects so once I felt better after a few months, I stopped taking them. (Carbimazole was still being taken for 1.5 years ++) Hope this helps and all the best to you!

• Posted

Thank you so much dear. I'll try to consult my doctor about allopathy medicine that you were taking during your treatment. 

• Posted

Hello dear,  

My doctor have prescribed me  carbimazole 10 mg to take thrice in day and beta blocker propranolol 40 mg for twice in day, once in morning and  then in evening. I want to know if i can take beta blocker when i have normal blood pressure. Because sometimes my bp is normal in morning.

• Posted

Hi Sukhvir, I believe my blood pressure was also at a normal rate at the time I was consuming the beta blocker. It didn't affect me much, but it would be best to consult your doctor (a good one especially) on this. As mentioned, the beta blocker was a temporary relief for me from all the other symptoms so it would be best to monitor your condition as well on a regular basis. For carbimazole, I was also prescribed 10 mg during the initial phase. Take care!!! 

• Posted

Hello,

i have a friend who is a practising homeopath and she has hypothyroidism. She takes the allopathic medicine of course. There is no question about it. I have just been diagnosed with a hyper thyroid too after years of not being well. It’s only taken 7 days of carbimazole to feel great again. Please don’t wait and put your trust in homeopathic medicine only. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.