abscent periods after mayomectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all i have got my mayomectomy done a year ago but i havent got my periods after that has anyone gone through this and did you got the cure

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hello,

I had no periods after my open myomectomy for two years. In my case i had scar tissue sealing up my cervix so the blood couldn't exit my body. I could still feel when i should have had periods because i would get intense pressure and cramping in my uterus. Ultimately, surgeons were able to clear the scar tissue hysteroscopically, but it did take 4 attempts over a year. This was called Asherman's syndrome ( which is any scarring in uterus,mine just happened to be right over my cervix.

I have normal periods now.

• Posted

Hi Caitlin,

I am going through the same thing now and havent had a period for a year. The doctor tried a hysterscopy today to see what was going on in my uterus but couldnt get in because my cervix is completely shut and she said she has seen nothing like that. Could you please give me the info of the doctor who did your last surgery? Thank you so much in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.