AC Joint Injury - Waking up middle of the night with pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an AC joint injury about 3 weeks ago. Doctor had said its between grade 2 and 3. I always wake up in the middle of the night because of pain on my scapula (from pressure sleeping i guess). What is the best position to sleep. Also, is it a good idea to take pain medication and sleep (like advil) ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi dan

i always take the time to reply to posts. you don't get many replies these days and still left wondering about the injury.

a grade 2 - 3 injury do you know what you have actually done. you really need to find out what damage and prognosis..

my shoulder is knackered from two operations. my main issues from the joint was referred pain from muscles going into spasm. especially the shoulder blade and neck.

i use a sport injury clinic. non of the fluffy stuff. its all elbows here. my first visits i was so surprised how many knots were in my shoulder blades. .

you will be surprised how much of the area is all inter-linked. all of us here seem to depend on 30/500 pain killers or OTC from the chemist.

i used when really bad and post operation times a solid foam wedge it is angled at either 30° or 60° depending on which way it is turned and then your pillows.

it takes the pressure off your thoracic area and may help it cost about £45.

people never estimate how bad a shoulder can be and how debilitating it can be . especially at night when you lay awake all night in ache.

good luck and keep us updated as thats how people learn tips on here. you may find a answer we have not thought of and change some ones life with pain

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.