ACE Levels - confused?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my ACE level is 45 so is that good or bad? And is the lower the level the more well you are? I have googled and many sites/labs give different explanations. Some say <70 is normal but doesn't state whether someone with 6 would be deemed as being more healthy that someone with 66, even though they are both below 70.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am completely confused!

• Posted

HI Tcup my last test was at 48 doctor says my level whilst on the high side is fine. I know what you mean when it comes to trying to find out correct levels . My Lmphcytes were low in the same test but he said all my test were fine.

Good luck take care

• Posted

HI Tcup my last test was at 48 doctor says my level whilst on the high side is fine. I know what you mean when it comes to trying to find out correct levels . My Lmphcytes were low in the same test but he said all my test were fine.

Good luck take care

• Posted

Thanks David. The lab states <70 as normal for ACE levels, though when you search online, many other labs give a lower range. My lymphocyte count is also low, along with other blood readings though my doc stated on my record 'no further action required' Sometimes you feel like hitting your head against a brick wall!

• Posted

Hi TCup . I too have low lymphocytes but "normal" ACE results. All of my other blood work/labs have returned as "normal" with only lymphocytes being low (subsets of the lymphocytes show that my CD8 cells are well below the normal range and CD4 levels are normal-low) They have been stable-low for the past 2 years. I have not been officially diagnosed with Sarcoidosis but it is now at the top of the list- since most other things have been ruled out over the course of the year. (CT scan results showed pulmonary nodes in February 2018 which started the process of eliminating other possible conditions).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.