Achilles Tendon Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i have recently had 2 operations on my achilles. I'm in the boot, and taking out the inserts but my foot is still very pointed. My calf muscle has worn away. Does anyone know how long it takes with physio to be able to start walking again?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

took me few weeks to walk, started slowly with crutches, tried walking correctly rolling through the ankle from day one without trying to compensate and limp. as it is very easy pick up bad habits and very hard to get rid of them.

did not have much with nhs physio and used private once a week, get tissues moving etc.

I started cycling early, ~200km/week worked well for me and was relieving swelling.

everyone is different and different healing speed and condition.

GL.

A

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.