Achy Testes/cords connecting to them

Posted , 6 users are following.

Start of the year, for no reason I can think of my balls started aching to the point of almost feeling like they were throbbing

After about a week or 2 I thought I better get this checked out and they sent me to get an STI check ( for chlymidia and ghonerea) as well as an ultrasound

STI tests came back negative and ultrasound showed a slight variocele on the left hand side which they thought could possibly be the issue.

In the time it took to do the tests the feeling subsided a bit and I convinced myself it was just one of those things

Since then it's happens a couple of times (each lasting a couple of weeks and then going away) and I've decided I want to do something about it but what are my options?

The doctor didn't seem 100% sure that was the cause as it was so on again off again. Went for another scan and it's the same as last time so I don't understand how it would be fine for months and then come back again randomly. Also the slight variocele is on the left side but I can also feel it in the right

The feeling ranges from a dull ache and sometimes sharp (usually when sitting down).

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Sounds very similar to what I'm going through as well. Started as a dull ache in the right testicle and now I'm experiencing pain in both testicles, but never at the same time if that makes sense. The pain will move from side to side. Some days are okay, and others are very painful. This has been going on for almost 3 months now.

Doctor did a physical exam and said nothing seemed wrong. There was no lumps, bumps, or swelling.

Still waiting on my ultrasound (I accidentally missed my appointment and they don't seem to be in any hurry to reschedule me, but that is my fault). All my urine tests have come back okay.

• Edited

Hi there, I'am also dealing with the exact same thing as you. I've have had an ultrasound, seen 2 GPs and a urologist but I am no closer to getting my life back. I have never even been told there is a slight varicocele so I am at a loss for what to do next. I have had this for nearly a year now, I hope you get some answers soon.

• Edited

Hi, around a year and a half ago I had the same issue. Dull ache that would come and go it then it got alot worse which was down to me being in lockdown in the UK and wearing shorts all the time without boxers. Was told it was an STI as I had a lump so 3 rounds of antibiotics and nothing other than an angry girlfriend thinking I was up to no good. Doctor finally agreed to send me for ultrasound and it turned out to be a stage 3 varicocele. Wearing briefs did wonders for managing the pain until the 6th of December where I recently had embolisation. Veins going down still an ache, bloated stomach and abdomen discomfort where coils were fitted but hoping giving it the 6 weeks recovery surgeon said I will be pain free. If you can get your doctor to agree to an Ultrasound its definitely the way to go. It turns out the small lump I had is a cyst which is common and nothing to worry about.

• Posted

I pretty much have the same issue for the last 3 years except it's my left testicle that's affected. I have seen urologist twice and had 2 ultrasounds, blood and urine test came back all clear as did the ultrasounds. GP prescribed Amitriptyline to numb the pain. But it flares up every now and then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.