acid reflux sufferer

Posted , 3 users are following.

my partner suffers with acid reflux, and only recently has started to be physically sick when this has not happened before. Some nights can be up with chronic pains in stomach and have very loose bowels.

He is on tablets to control this. 

We have just moved house and have noticed since moving it has got worse.

He also works in stores and is on salary, he tends to do alot of hours and being on salary doesn't get paid for it. 

I mentioned to my partner that it is stress that could be causing this due to working lots of hours and not sleeping that greatly due to the stomach pains.

Can anyone help me please?? 

It is really hard to try and cook for him too and knowing to work out what triggers the stomach pains and sickness

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi:  Even though you may be correct about stress causing some stomach problems, it does not cause all of them.  Rather than giving you a list of safe foods, I need to ask you first, has he used any prescription or other drugs in the past two years?
  • Posted

Okay, thank you.  There are people who make too much acid in the stomach when under stress.  The acid has no place to go, and sits in the stomach, causing damage to the stomach lining.  This can cause pain.  They use to call these ulcers, but some people refer to it as gastritis.  There are some basics that should be done.  First is a test for H Pylori, a bacteria that can survive in the stomach and cause gastritis.  He can go to his doctor and have a blood test or breath test, perhaps both.  If it is negative then lifestyle changes may help.  If it is positive then the modern protocol  is tripple antibiotic treatment, his doctor can monitor that.

In the meantime I can refer you to another persons instructions on how he cured his gastritis.  Here is the link:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-i-cured-my-gastritis-185914?page=9#1016308

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.