Act-Quetiapine to treat chronic insomnia as a long term use

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been prescribed Act-Quetiapine [2 100mgs tablets a day] for chronic insomnia brought on by the passing of my mother last year which also caused intense emotions  of depression and anxiety.I  am very concerned by its use as a long term sleep aid as in researching this drug it was suggested that it is not recommended for this purpose.and am very worried about what it is doing to my brain chemistry as my depression and anxiety is based on life issues as opposed to chemical imbalances. I would very much appreciate any informed opinions on this subject

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Be VERY concerned. Ive been prescribed Quetipine for 3 years now. The doctor said i could take 25mg up to 4x per day.  I cut them in half with a knife every night and take half because i have forced myself to try to wean off of them but unfortunately i cannot totally come off it.  WEIGHT gain.  I have gained probably 50 lbs and it is super difficult to take off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.