Acute pancreatitis from Gallstones.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Honestly I've looked everywhere for answers to ease my concerns but I'm left in limbo for the past several months. earlier this year I was in hospital in quite a bit of pain. The nurses and doctors were not helpful at all in terms of information but briefly said my pancreas duct got blocked off by a gallstone. Which then proceeded to then cause my pancreas to freak out which of course then caused it to get infected and had a bit of necrosis. They said it was "Acute Pancreatitis" and said basically NEVER eats greasy food and all these things on this piece of paper we just grabbed off Google and we may schedule you in to have your gallbladder removed. I didn't listen as they sounded very flippant about the whole thing and wound up back in with worse pain as both my gallbladder and pancreas were inflamed this time and they kept me in to have surgery to remove my gallbladder. since having my gallbladder out I've been scared to even attempt certain things as I'm worried in case I'll go back to hospital. Is the pancreatitis gone for good? if I decided to eat a burger or something with a bit of grease would it put me back in hospital even though the problem was my gallstone? I'm so unsure but not willing to risk it either way. I just want clarity and not feeling like I've got one foot in deaths door.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.