Adhesions vs Active Crohn’s

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

I was admitted to hospital last week with a suspected small bowel obstruction. This was confirmed by CT and Xray, within two day everything settled down and i was discharged pending an outpatient camera examination.

i have crohns and have had three previous surgeries, my disease is managed by 75mg of Mercaptopurine and nothing else. I am symptom free (touch wood) and this is the first issue I've had in over three years.

The surgeon who was responsible whilst i was admitted seems to think its possibly strictures / adhesions from my previous surgery as my Crohns has not been active prior to this and my bloods were clear.

what i want to know is if it is adhesions what options are available on the NHS? Is surgery the only option or what other options are available? Also in my own mind i know what a Crohns attack feels like and there has been no run up to this, such as weight loss, tiredness or generally not feeling well.

your help is appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.