Adjusting to Lexapro- after 3 weeks I see no change except side effects-HELP.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im getting the occasional panic attack but Ive got 24/7daily non stop anxiety. Im on 10 mg Lexapro and its been weeks now with no relief. Maybe this isnt the drug for me? Please let me know if you had a rough time adjusting w side effects. Im forlorn and frustrated. OH of course scared, always scared..... Its taken me so long starting at 5mg and then to 10mg. Zoloft,Prozac, Paxil are too agitating. Im getting ready to call it a day.......

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

3 weeks is still early. you need to give the 10mg 12 weeks for the side effects to go away completely and for the meds to start working properly - during this time you will have parts of days or days where you feel improvement and other days where the anxiety comes back or even feels worse - this happened to many of us - i highly recommend you going to the citalopram forum and reading posts by the user Katecogs as she helped me and hundreds of others through this process

the meds do work and lexapro is the more gentle of SSRIs - it is just that these meds are slow to work fully

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.