Adverse Reaction to Myoview Contrast Dye

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been approximately 5 months since my MRI study, and I'm still having adverse effects. I have intermittent burning in my lower legs, outer arms and chest. I have brain fog that comes and goes. I have uncontrollable twitching of the muscles in my calves after I stretch my legs, ringing in my ears and lethargy. The physician who ordered the stress test is aware of my symptoms, yet doesn't offer any explanation or treatment. I'm in fear that this will cause me an early disability and/or death. NOBODY seems to know anything about it. I have reported it to the FDA, but it stops there.

Thank you to anybody who knows or has experienced an adverse reaction to contrast dye and is willing to share their experiences.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i had a ct scan with contrast done a month ago and havent been right since i have all the same symptoms as you have you recovered at all? im terrified this is permanent i was never warned of these types

of reactions im so scared the drs keep telling me it wasnt the contrast but i know it had to be

• Posted

Hi Cindy, Really sorry to hear about your misery following your scan. I have had three of them and the last one gave me (chemical menengitis). The symptoms lasted for about five years, the first three years were the worst, it is a nightmare. At the time the doctors kept telling me that the contrast dye no longer had an oil base to it which used to give people arachnoiditis. At the time of my injury in 2005, the contrast was made by General Electric and named omnipac (SP)

There is not much you can do to relieve the symptoms other than bed rest and pray it goes away, it nearly ruined my life,. You did the right thing reaching out to the FDA, I was too sick to do anything about it for months, stay strong, good luck, it is miserable

• Posted

I am also having effects of the contrast dye. I don't think the doctors know much about it and from the research I have done so far, there is no known way to get the dye out of your system. I joined a support group to see if anyone had any information but nothing so far. Many people suffering from this. I am sorry you are also going through it 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.