Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I need advice, my boyfriend is using heroin.

I've caught him and he keep swearing he is goin to stop and make things better but as always it's only ever lie after lie.

I love him and keep standing by him and trying to help but I can't keep doing it.

I don't want to leave him but he doesn't help himself, he has been an addict for 20yrs so u would think after this long of using and not using he would be able to do something about it or am I just thinking black and white.

He steals off me and I keep finding rizla paper with heroin on and finding foil, it's got to the point where I find myself lyin to his family to hide what he is doin.

How can I believe what he tells me when so often he hurts me with his lies and deception.

What do I do?

My heart is breaking and all I hear is just leave him, he is my best friend and my true love and I know it's stupid but I can't help loving him still x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If he has a sincere desire to stop using then he might check to see if there are any Methadone Clinics or Programs around where you all live( they all have different names and a person who doesn't belong to the program  generally doesn't recognize it as a Methadone Clinic.Getting off of H may be a lot slower than a lot of different treatment programs but it's a heck of a lot easier than cold -turkey or the way a lot of treatmemnt programs get you off the stuff and he can continue to work a job or whatever he does normally.Yes, there are a lot of hoops that you have to jump through when you first get started but as time goes by it get's a lot eaiser.Also, it's a lot more inexpensive than using drugs.

Hope it works out for him.I hate to see anybody suffering from addiction.God bless

• Posted

Omg my heart broke reading this and almost brought me to tears sad

IM SO SORRY YOURE GOING THROUGH THIS!!!

I'm going to be 100% real with you right now and you can tell me to F off if I'm overstepping...

I'm 28. I've been addicted to heroin for about 4 years now. Started smoking it (which is what it sounds your bf is doing) very unfortunately, it got to the point where it was intravenous sad I'm quite embarrassed and uncomfortable talking to you so openly but you need to know the truth.

I have never stolen from anybody to support my addiction, even if I'm rolling around on the floor dying in pain. But that's just me. I'm a very different person. If your bf is stealing from you now, it's not going to stop. He won't stop using either.

If you've tried and done everything you could to help him and he isn't having a bar of it, you need to put you first and get the hell out of there. I'm sorry but it's only going to get worse from here.

Life is beautiful. You are beautiful. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to feel safe and to be healthy with your partner. But instead I'm afraid you are being used. Whether he means it or not. He is clearly telling you and himself that the gear is much more important than his relationship. It's one of he hardest things coming off heroin but it's possible. If he hasn't shown any signs of wanting to quit and show you enough respect and love to give you the life you both deserve, then it's time you stick your head and chin up and say to yourself you don't need this!

You are not being treated right. From what you've described you need to look after yourself now and get selfish. Trust me sweetheart, heroin brings NOTHING BUT MISERY AND TRAGEDY to all who are involved (whether you use or not).

Think about you and think about your future. If you want to have a healthy, happy and peaceful life, it's time to move on and do you!

Please keep in touch xx

I have been through a similar experience. I found him half dead from the stuff. Nothing was ever the same after that. He needs help. Professional help. He needs more than what you can offer him and SHOULD offer him because you aren't his mother or nurse.

• Posted

I'm not saying he can't change and I'm not saying he is a bad person. I truly sympathise with him because it's no life being on heroin. And I am no one to judge, I'm in my struggle too right now. But I'm not in denial.

It all comes down to whether he wants to do it.

If you've exhausted every avenue then it's time for the ultimatum- "me or drugs"

He also has to make that choice (life or drugs) for himself too and that will be what he lives by for the rest of his life until he is willing to change.

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.