Advice for my boyfriend

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good evening!! It's lovely to meet you all.

So my boyfriend (30/M) was very recently diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia after taking Abilify for the first time (may have been related) and was admitted to hospital for a few days to figure out what was causing his symptoms. He's taking metoprolol succinate now and will be getting further treatment/advice from a cardiologist in a couple of days.

This is a very general question but, to anyone who has SVT, what little things do you to do cope or make life easier for yourself? And how do you keep your strength up when the episodes make you feel weak? Literally any tips or advice is so very appreciated, I hate to see my love suffering so much and I'm long distance so I can't physically be there to do anything myself.

Thank you

Jay

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.