Advice needed please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, so I don't really know where to start tbh. It seems to have started since I had to have an emergency csection with my little boy at 30 weeks. I've really struggled to get the weight off and some symptoms that I always had, seem to have gotten worse.

When I laugh or cough I feel as though my airways are closing up and I'm gonna pass out, I can never seem to take a full breathe in at all which makes me panic and sends me into a panic attack. On a night I wake up struggling to breathe (it's as if the air is to humid and you can't get an actual breathe in). I worry that I'm gonna go to sleep one night and just not wake up. I understand it could be weight related now but I've tried going to the gym and I physically can't do anything because a small walk and my chest gets tighter and tighter and I really struggle to breathe then go all dizzy. I do have asthma and am now taking the inhaler fostair 100/6 but it isn't working at all. I don't know how to explain all this to my doctor without the 'coronavirus' word been thrown around with it been about my breathing. I'm worried it could be COPD, high cholestrol/blood pressure, I just don't know and I really need some help. My mum has had countless mini strokes, has high cholestrol, blood pressure, diabetes etc and this is what makes me panic more. I would love to have a stress test on my heart and lungs but how do I go about asking for this? it's been going on for years but has worsened since the csection (she did say some placenta was missing but she couldn't find it, could this have an affect?).

I really need some advice please, I'm 30 years old, 5ft3 and 12st 3lbs. I also seem to feel nauseous everytime I eat or drink anything and get severe heartburn. Just to add as well, when it comes to physically talking to anyone about this or even any type of confrontation my heart races like crazy, I can see it physically beating inside my chest and I get a rush of butterflies everywhere and start to shake. I just really need some help please 😩

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Panic attacks cause bad breathing, bad breathing is caused in panic attacks. Control your breathing, and try methods to promote self reliance from panic attacks. Break out of that cycle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.