Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm perscibed to 0.5 ativan 2x a day as needed. Yesterday I had a HORRIBLE anxiety attack that lasted and lingered all day. It left me mentally drained. I took 0.5 around 7-8 pm, fell asleep around 11 and woke up around 2-230 an having anxiety, took another 0.5 around 315 am and fell back asleep around 430-5 slept on and off until about 9 talked to my therapist then fell back asleep until around 1. I am EXTREMELY groggy, dizzy, and just unbalanced. Like I'm still half asleep. My heart rate is around 79-82 relaxing in bed. Am I going to be okay?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear lockerby, I am sorry to Hear that you have anxiety problems...I know how distressing it is and can be...

Actually...your heart rate is completely normal..not fast at all which is excellent..!!!

You can get past this, each time you have a panic attack, remember..it cannot !! Hurt you and it will pass....try to breathe slowly and just let it wash through your body...

I would try to concentrate on something to distract myself...

One of my favourite things was...

I would go all through the alphabet...and think of ..FIVE MALE NAMES.. AND FIVE FEMALE NAMES..I know it sounds silly, but it helped...in the daytime, I would read something to help take my mind off it...I truly wish you well young man...and remember....each one WILL PASS...AND EVENTUALLY STOP COMPLETELY...big bear hugs to you...take care...DEIRDRE xxx

• Posted

Hello there

Yes panic attacks drain me for a couple of days but once I had to take a week off work.

Try not to give into them and go for a walk. You never know who you may meet. Saying hello, how are you to a person opens up a conversation. When you have friends around you then you will not feel alone.

The harder you try the easier it becomes.

Maybe your medication is not the correct one for you as it is trial and error with tablets.

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.