Advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi my daughter has just come home from hospital after developing HSP on Sunday 8th April, she had had leaking kidneys and bowel problems! But hopefully on the mend! She is very swollen (almost double her size) and I wondered if anyone else’s child suffered with the swelling and how long it lasted? As it’s not showing signs of going also they have said when she moves round but she is so weak she can’t move around a lot! Many thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi my daughters swelling was awful, everytime soemthing went down another part would swell. When she slept something new would swell. They said she had one of the worst cases with swelling they had seen and it lasted about 3 weeks I think. I couldn’t touch her as she was that swollen and in that much pain. I hope your little girl makes a fast recovery.
    • Posted

Hi thank you for replying that sounds exactly the same she seems to have one bit go and another place will swell! Also did your daughters rash come back after it had gone she seems to have more rash in her feet and legs, thank you I really appreciate the advice xx
  • Posted

Hi her rash went on forever it felt like appearing in new places. Her legs and feet and her bottom were affected the most.  Do you have an email address as I could send you some pictures over of how hers was if that helps. Thanks Danielle xx 
    • Posted

Ah that be fab my email is

It’s so nice to talk to someone who has been through same thing as I am so unsure on everything trying to do as much research as I can xxx

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.