Advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I have been diagnosed with LS for 9 months and feel alone. Often when I ask for advice especially from pharmacists they look at me blankly and have no idea what it is. I have been using Dermovate regularly but now have thrush. Is it safe to use canesten cream? x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You are most certainly not alone and I think the numbers of sufferers are underestimated. I am two years into my diagnosis and its a whirlwind of different means and creams to get into remission. I was in remission for a couple of bliss months and then it came back and hasn't really left but is manageable. I think you can use thrush cream separately to the clob (are you on twice weekly maintenance with steroid?Just give a couple of hours between application. Please google Dr Krapf I think - how to apply clob, there is a correct way to do it and it does bring better results.

Use emu oil as moisturiser or castor oil if your in a flare, these will bring relief. I was certian i had BV one time and was about to launch into getting rid of that but thought I should swab first just in case and it turned out that there was no infection and it was just a flare with a twist that did heal. I would ask your doctor to swab first and see if you need something specific to treat it.

At the moment I manage by using estrogen cream in the morning, castor oil or emu oil during the day after every toilet visit plus peri bottle to wash the vulva after every toilet visit, sudocream if I get burning and emuaid cream once a day to keep inflammation down. I don't use steroids as it didn't suit me. Best of luck but you'd be better off looking for advice on forums than with medical professionals as they are clueless to this at times.

• Posted

Hello,

I'm new to this so hoping people get to this /my message.

It was so refreshing to read your message. I've been researching alternatives to steriods all day (see my earlier rather long & rambling message!) im curious as to whether Aveno is the best moisturiser after reading your message. & whether to try Emuaid . thanks, i feel like im battling in the dark with this 😃

• Posted

Defo do the Eumaid, it is by far the best and is so gentle. Personally myself I don't use anything only water so I'd skip it tbh.

• Posted

hello Wendy, i hope u got this sorted. If not id say take a Cannesten tablet or pessary rather than use 2 sets of creams?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.