Advice please BLOOD TESTS & CANCER

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all im going out my mind with worry and cant get on with my daily activities i suffer with health anxiety bad anyway a few weeks ago i was diagnosed with pcos which is a very common hormone condition if anyone is wondering and puts you high risk for diabetes so with me being newly diagnosed my gp did some new blood tests to see if i did have diabetes last week they came back i spoke to receptionist who informed me my doctor would like me to go for repeat blood tests in 4 weeks time (27th april) my anxiety is now convincing me that they have found cancer as thats always been my fear & they are sending me back to make sure it is or something. I have also had muscle twitching in my arms and legs that arent painful at all and last about 5 seconds i have no other symptoms but i just cant settle me being me ive turned to google and its came up lymphoma, lukemia and soft tissue sarcoma

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello hannah

so sorry to hear you are going through this worry

I to suffer with health anxiety (my fear is always cancer)

last year I had some routine blood tests, which like you I had to repeat to to my liver enzymes being raised. I was convinced I had some sort of cancer , I has scans on my liver etc which were all fine , although my bloods were still high.

Ayer a few months they went back to normal (after several months of constant worry) it waa due to me having a baby a few months before and it effected my liver enzymes apparently

I'm sure it's something very simple that they are retesting for. if they suspecre anything serious I'm sure they would inform you

I know how always Health anxiety can be. it impacts daily life. thankfully mine has calmed calmed a lot but this time last year it was always. I just want you to know you're not alone and you can send me a private message if you would like a chat.

my fear was always usually lukemina of lymphoma. I was fixated on them and I would imagine I had symptons that were not actually there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.