Advice regarding co-codamol

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m hoping someone might be able to give me any advice as to whether they agree or disagree to using methadone or subutex to withdraw from co codamol 30/500. They have an addiction to taking at the most 10 throughout the day. Would it not be safer to lower the dose of co codamol gradually rather than become addicted to other medications?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carole, how long have they been addicted to them?
    • Posted

Hi Louisa

Iv been taking then for some years on and off.A year ago my daughter went through a very bad experience and she started taking then to help her sleep. Becsuse she's asked for help with them she's being told more or less it's there way or u don't get the help.Pretty discusting if you ask me.

• Posted

So you took them and now she takes them and your both addicted? Have you tried your local drugs action people? That's who I am going through. How many are you both taking a day? I don't know much about the stuff they give you to wean you off but I have an appointment tomorrow with him and in hoping to get more answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.