Afib ablation tune up needed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered with afib for approximately ten years now.

Because of this condition i have had two ablations. The first ablation kept me symptom free for approximately 1 year. After I started having issues again I decided to go in for a "tune up" ablation which kept me symptom free for approximately 4 years.

A couple months ago I started getting many PVC's or PAC's not sure which. At this time I am getting thousands of extra beats per Day.

I initially wanted to go directly back to my and ask for another tune up ablation. That said, my GP sent me to another cardiologist who has put me through many different drug combos in an attempt to control the beats. Nothing is working, and I'm getting sick of the thousands of beats per day and the way the drugs make me feel.

Anyone have any thoughts or similar experience to share.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain, Tidefighter. I have had one ablation and about five different drug trials which did not work either. I wear a fitbit and my heart record looks like a polygraph tracing from a politician. Once it was clear that drugs were not going to work, my doctor let me quit all of them except Warfarin and so far, maybe fifteen years after the last drug, I still have atrial fibrillation which I do not like, but I am getting on fine. If you are having ventricular irregularities you should stick with close observation by your cardiologist. The atrial conditions are often incurable and, thankfully, not life threatening with anticoagulation. Just about anything at all going on with one's heart brings with it anxiety and dread, and those two conditions can be disabling and can also be cured by a bunch of therapies including yoga, meditation, counseling, or just telling the psychological symptoms to sod off and getting on with life. I am 78 with about three decades of afib and chugging along pretty good. Give it a shot.

• Posted

Thanks for the repsonse.  I will try out some of your suggestions.  At this point i'm willing to anything lol..

And polygraph tracing a politician?  hahaha

• Posted

Dear Tidefighter

I'm sorry to hear of your on going condition. My stroke was caused by my AF. The first I knew I had AF when I went into hospital for an operation two years before my stroke. When the nurse was carry out the premed preparation she saw something that concerned her she left the room and returned with the consultant and aneathatist. They questioned me about the AF which was a surprise to me. This resulted in my operation being cancelled and an appointment to see an endrocologist. They thought the AF was caused by thyroid problems. I was given drugs to calm the AF beta blockers and other drugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.