After passing kidney stones

Posted , 4 users are following.

After passing kidney stone in June and I had urinalysis in July and it came out good and my doc told me to keep taking water and am still taking lots of water but I still feel pain in my sides. Is that normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would be good if you knew what was still causing the pain. If the stone has gone, what's to stop everything settling down?

Maybe there's some residual infection but it's surprising that it has lasted for 2 months. Your doctor can test your urine sample for infection and advise you.

It's another trip to the doctor I feel.

• Posted

Yeah sheffnet, thanks alot. I did urine test last month and then also I was still feeling the slight pain and still the test was all clear and the doc said I should keep drinking water but I will go see the doc next month .. Thanks alot
  • Posted

Hi

Is it pain or more of an ache?

I know that the kidneys can `ache` for quite some time after passing stones.

Plenty of water still and get it checked,sooner rather than later.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Yeah Stephen thanks alot. It's more of ache and radiates through my back at times. I will get it checked next month. I did urine test last and it was ALL clear and even full blood count and there was no infection. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.