Air hunger all the time!

Posted , 21 users are following.

Im going to try to make this short, august 2017 I had my first panic attack and everything went downhill from that point on. My anxiety has gotten much better but since that episode I have been left with this air hunger feeling that happens all day every minute of everyday. The only time I dont feel it is when im busy doing something and dont have my mind stuck on it. The air hunger feeling feels heavy in my chest up until i have to force a deep breath otherwise I will yawn in order to get that satisfying breath. Most of the time I feel like ive been holding my breath and have to breath deep to feel a bit better before I need to take another deep breath within a few seconds/minutes. I take sertraline 50mg, also started to take a few natural pills from an holistic doctor which has been helping a little bit but still having this problem. Just purchased Chrysanthemum Floral Tea which I heard is good for this air hunger and hope to get some relief  but any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi! Are you able to take a full breath? I've been feeling the same way... now I'm even having back pain. I'm so stressed. 

• Posted

You should for sure go to the chiropractor and get x-rays to see where you can be adjusted, especially if you have having back pain. It is possible your Thoracic vertebrae are out of alignment or misaligned. Theses are all of the vertebrae that near your lungs and chest and these nerves directly relate to lung functioning. If the nerves are pinched, it can decrease signals to the lungs & impair your breathing. 

• Posted

hey i have literally the exact same issue!

24/7 need to take in a deep breathe but its not a satisfying breath! like i just cant get in deep breathes and it all started after waking up one night suffocating...

please keep me updated on your situation, we can help support each other.

keep your head up and stay strong!

your not alone, im in the same boat as you, and so are millions of others

• Posted

There's someone who has written quite a bit about these exact symptoms and how he got through it all. I've had the same issues myself. There are other people discussing these same symptoms on his blog. Google this: Air Hunger Simon Spire

• Posted

I'm going through this at min. Any help be great.

• Posted

I have been suffering with this for 6 months and only recently started to get better as my anxiety medication has started to work, i am on 50mg of sertaline that i take in the morning as thats whats working for me and 40mg of propranolol when i no im going out to busy places, i dont no if you suffer from anxiety as you haven't explained your symptoms could you explain what your feeling?

• Posted

Hi I suffer from health anxiety. At min I'm feeling very fatigued hard to breath all time like i need to cough . Then I have panic attacks were I try to breath so fast. I get pins and needles in hands. Become very lightheaded.

• Posted

Are you on any medication? This breathing problem is horribal and when you have it its hard to get rid of, you just have to keep telling yourself your fine and can breathe try keep yourself busy start a new project that is going to take your mind off your breathing
    • Posted

Hi no meds yet. I went AE early hours of this moring was told it's die to muscle problems. I told doc I suffer from health anxiety he looked at me and said what's that. Do I'm goin to doc in moring now for anti deppressents and anxiety meds.

• Posted

You will be suprised to no how many people go to a&e for these problems, when it started to happen to me i was in a proper mess crying all the time thinking i was going to die because i think i cant breath but please keep calm and remember you can breath and you always will, the sertaline and the propranolol have defo helped me i still have good and bad days but i keep myself busy, hope you have a good doctor and if your not happy with him/her ask to see someone elce

• Posted

Hi I’ve had breathing thing for 4 months cane from nothing amiexty I guess never had it started on seretine 50mg has it really helped you get your breathing back to normal? 

Mark

• Posted

It hasn't got my breathing back to normal but it has made me stop over thinking and feeling so anxiously about it, some days when im more stressed it seems to be worse but i guess i just have to deal with it, what are your symptoms?

• Posted

Hi

Same some days breathing ok then go breathless and keep having to take in air or if I close my mouth I can’t stop yawning. How long you been on seretine? It’s got to be amiexty or dysfunctional breathing pattern I’ve been told I came off treadmill and could t get full breath and just got worse

• Posted

I have been on sertraline for about 5 months now, mine all started one morning i woke up i must of had a panick attack upon waking and it triggered somthing, its defo become dyisfunctional breathing because breathing is somthing your body just dose on its own but when you become hyper aware of it you are manually breathing so it becomes uncomfortable, i am hoping its somthing that will get better in time
    • Posted

I’ve only been on it 3 weeks was told it would kick in 4-6 weeks is that correct? Yes dysfunctional breathing tried breathing exercises but not much good going to chiropractor Thursday . I think have costocunduntis inflammation of rib bone seeing if that’s affecting breathing but think must be like you said aniexty on breathing. Is propanal good for your breathing?
    • Posted

Yes it took about 4 weeks for it to take proper effect on me proparanol dosnt seem to do much for my breathing but it calms me down when i start to get anxious, breathing exercises make me focus on my breathing more so i tend to avoid them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.