alcohol before and after removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone experienced a gallbaldder attack following wine consumption? i have gallstones and i have a surgery programed for next month. Thanksgiving is coming up and i really would want to have a glass of wine on this holiday or christmas; however i am afraid of having an attack. What do you guys think? any experiences?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had a glass of red wine tonight. I have a small glass of wine 3 nights a week with no problems but bear in mind that everyone is different. Someone else might come on and say it triggers theirs.

I will also have a drink at Xmas but just stick with the one drink. I was able to enjoy all the Xmas treats last year by only having a little bit so will do the same this year.

• Posted

Hi Anita, did you have your gallbladder removed already? If yes, when was that and how you been doing?
  • Posted

Hi Carolina,

I still have my gallbladder. I am trying to elimate food and drinks that trigger the symptons instead of having it removed. I am waiting until the laser treatment becomes more readily available instead of losing an organ that has a job to do.

I was diagnosed 1 year ago with 1 large gallstone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.