Alcoholic husband. Don't know what I should do.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with Baby #3.

Me and the kids are now safe. Husband is living with his mother right now.

Last Friday, the kids saw my husband totally wasted, puke all over him, acting crazy. This feels like the last straw yet don't know if or even how I should leave my husband.

He got so drunk on Friday night that he was yelling round the house, puking all over himself and the guest room. I had to take the kids into my room and put chairs as a barrier between the guest room and mine so at least I would hear if he tried to come into the room.

2 months ago he had to be taken to the local police station to sleep off being drunk in a restaurant in the evening (I was at home with the kids at the time).

Over the past 10 years, he's been arrested, paid a HUGE fine for bodily harm, been violent towards me, hurt himself.

This is the first time my kids have seen him that drunk and I just know it won't be the last.

He says he'll never do it again, get medication so he can't drink..even if that's true (and it's hard to believe) I don't think I can be around to see it...

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

8 years i have been on this discussion forum and your story is the worst i think. He is totally out of control and you have to leave him or he leaves the house and stays away. I was a very heavy drinker but has never been arrested and my children has never seen me with puke. I stopped drinking when my twins were 15 months old. You need help for certain. He will most likely not accept medication if you are realistic. Sorry to be so blunt or direct but the the truth has to be said. Who can help you? Two children and how old? You can also message me and i will gladly reply. Best regards Robin

• Edited

I am an advocate for The Sinclair Method. A medication-based method for treating alcohol dependence. It involves the targeted use of Naltrexone. Many with AUD are functional early in the disease until they cannot stop after one drink. Alcohol Use Disorder is generally way over the daily or weekly limit for safe drinking for each gender at any age. And zero abstinence cannot be sustained or tolerated for long periods of time (one week - ten days ). Once alcohol is reduced using TSM method the alcohol cravings are controlled slowly in the pleasure area of the brain as alcohol intake is slowly reduced. This process will continue until pharmaceutical extinction has occurred and cravings are controlled and or eliminated. This occurs once the brain signals are no longer directed to only the alcohol brain-the pleasure area which controls addiction, but to all areas of the brain.

It is frequently a successful method of reducing alcohol cravings and promoting abstinence. Recovery from alcohol addiction can be a complicated process, requiring nutritional, social, psychological, spiritual, and physical aspects of healing and self-directed changes. Nurses can intervene in alcohol use disorder via screening, referrals, with the support of medical and emotional tools using this treatment that empathizes hope, forgiveness, and relief from shame and guilt. Health insurance in many cases can cover treatment since AUD is medically accepted Internationally as a disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.