All I want to do is cry!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all! 2 1/2 weeks on 50mg sertraline and no 4th day on 100mg. Had to use 2mg diazepam twice today and now all I want to do is cry! So fed up feeling so scared all the time; so frustrated that this medicine doesn't seem to be working. Hat that I have to take diazepam and when I do, I have to lie down. And it downtown even take all the anxiety away. It just takes the edge off. Please, someone tell me the sertraline will start to work soon! 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The side effects can be worse than your original symptoms at first and then again with each increase. You have increased quite quickly ...please don't increase from 100mg until you feel better

( which you will)

Take your med at the same time every day..and drink loads of water...if you can go to bed then just go. Have you done any 3 minute deep breathing. I found this invaluable when my panic attacks were flooring me. I spent 3 days and 3 nights in bed staring into space sweating and stinking like a pig but then i felt loads better.

You will get there.

Keep posting

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

The psychiatrist had told me to increase from 50mg to 100mg after 2 weeks. Because I was scared, I had put it off for another few days but then the district nurse insisted I upped the dose. First day I was fine. 2nd and 3rd days I needed 1 x 2mg diazepam at night. Today I just can't get my anxiety down no matter what I do. 

• Posted

I think you haven't given the 50mg enough time to work - normally it's 3-4 weeks for the dosage to show effect.

Also the increment should be ideally at 25mg.

Since you're only on your 4th day of 100, i suggest you go back on 50 and give enough time to vuild in your system.

I've been on it for 8 months with all the horrible side effects and realised i upped my doses too soon to reach 250mg as i getting frustrated like you and now back to square one on 75mg - it starts all over again.

I had real horrid side effects initially on 50mg for 8 weeks - heigtened agitation and anxiety, memory issues, entire body stiff and tight muscles, debilitating fatigue and no energy so much so that had to quit my job. I am still pretty much ved ridden but the side effects are some what better now.

You will have to build yourself up mentally to face severe side effects until you hit the right dose.

People on sertraline have been on worse situation than us for years but at the end of the day it's all worth it which you will realise soon.

Take care and fight it out.

• Posted

This being stuck in bed isn't great....and i can't divert my focus from anything other than what nonsense is rattling about inside my head. I'm so tired of being sick, although I do appreciate that there are people in much worse situations. I hope you improve and get back to feeling yourself really, really soon. Hugs, Gabrielle x

• Posted

If you feel like crying then go for it. Crying is good...i wish i could of done that but i couldnt. Laughing is good too. Watch some comedy ...i watched back to back Vicar of Dibley when I was feeling at my worst. It does help. Keep reading posts on this forum. There is light at the end of the tunnel..I am only on week 7 at 75mg and am so so much better than i was. Good Luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Awww thank you for your encouraging words! Doctors, therapists and family don't seem to believe me when I say that my anxiety seems  have been magnified by the  sertraline. They say it's one of th softest anti depressants out there. I beg to differ...

• Posted

Unless you have taken this drug and experienced the side effects I dont think you can begin to understand how awful it makes you feel. It's also really hard to explain ..but hang in there.

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

You def increased really fast. I waited 8 weeks on 50 mg and just increased to 75 3 days ago as 50 mg was not doing it for me. I am not experiencing any side effects since I upped my dose. I would recommend going back down to 50 for a another 3-4 weeks then up to 75. It’s hard and the side effects are brutal but once we get to the dose that works for us it’s freakin amazing. You will get there. 
  • Posted

i was on sertraline when i was ill 4 years ago but i gradually came down off it with the doctors help.i became ill the other week and am back on sertraline and at the moment all i want to do is cry .ive been on 200mg for 4 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.