All normal results but still feel like it's gallbladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a ultrasound, a ct with no contrast and a hida scan. The ct scan showed stomach wall thickening and swollen lymphnodes in abdomen. The hida scan came back at 59%. I have had upper right quadrant pain for about 3 months now. The pain radiates to my back sometimes. The pain is definately worse after I eat. I have had fatty stools, floating stools, orange fat floating in toilet. Diarhia is common as well. Severe bloating. Acid reflux. I have felt light headed after eating a few times. My doctor said she thinks it's bilary colic but doesn't know what to do at this point so referring me to a surgeon for endoscopy. Any advice? I'm losing my mind with all results being normal!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've had Hida scan (56%), MRI, CT, endoscopy all normal, yet RUQ pain persists, definitely issues after eating, particularly fatty foods and it's getting worse. Had a consultation with surgeon this week and I'm scheduled for gallbladder surgery end of June. The surgeon said he has seen this a lot and when the gallbladder is removed, there's scarring or other things (he mentioned something about possibly an abnormal duct for me) that are causing the problems. You're not going crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.