All the symptoms but bloods clear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had terrible stiffness in my muscles for some months now,shoulders,front of upper arms and buttocks down the back of my thighs. Terrible stiffness on getting out of a sitting position and out of bed. Have to sleep on my back as the pain in my biceps if i turn on my side is unbearable. Finally got to see a doctor instead of chatting on phone or online who diagnosed me with pmr and ordered blood tests.....which all came back normal. I asked if the painkillers I've been taking could have muddled the test but was told no but she would only give me stronger pain killers and not steroids. The stiffness is affecting my sporting activities as the pain killers just dull the pain and don't help with the stiffness. . Has anyone been lucky enough to get steroids with a normal blood test?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, i'm no Doctor but that seems a pretty harsh diagnosis from you GP given that you've had clear blood tests.

Did you challenge how that diagnosis was reached?

Can you seek the opinion of a 2nd GP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.