Allergy: Chicken houses; something chemical

Posted , 2 users are following.

My husband working in our commercial chicken houses for 25 yrs. Had to sell out and leave our farm. Throat swells on one side that was injured yrs. earlier (maybe this is a weaker side; not sure ). Can't talk above a whisper and takes all he can do to get it out. Can hardly eat or drink, gets weak and lethargic. This last for 3-8 days. Then he's back to normal. We've been to emergency rooms; 5 hr's later he goes home; same as he went in. Epic pen doesn't work on this. It has something to do chemically with chicken production. He can eat chicken and yard chickens doesn't bother him. We come in contact with it often and he suffers. Can't go anywhere. If someone drive past chicken houses and get too close to him he will get caught and suffer from it. It's awful. Drs and nurses come from all over to work and he has gotten contamidated while in Dr.s office. I went in for surgery at 7:00 am and he was caught before they rolled me into surgery. This is a nightmare. Surely there is help for him. Been to 4 different allergy clinics; all test done are neg. We are sure it's chemical and in the air; much like covid 19 ; you can't see it so you can't run from it. Help us.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.