aluminium hydroxide

Posted , 2 users are following.

I read the article on wind, halitosis & BO with interest. I was surprised to read the final bit about aluminium hydroxide. My understanding is that aluminium has been linked to altzeimers/dementia with prolonged contact. Where are people spraying anti-perspersperants? Under their arms, right next to large lymph glands.....potentially over many years! I've used Bionsen for years because it's aluminium free. Mitcham products USED to be ali free but don't appear to be any more. Read the small print on the product....aluminium hydroxide is usually mentioned first in the list.

On a final note.....I worked in the Austrian mountains years ago. Opposite the hotel, at the very top of the mountain, was a 'chest' clinic for folk with breathing difficulties. Most of the incumbents were supplied by hospitals in Munich. The women I worked for used to be a nurse in a Munich hospital. She informed me that a lot of the patients had lung damage from using underarm anti-persperants for many years. On that note, I assume that hairsprays that contain a propellant might act in the same way.....never mind the hardening lacquer in the product itself!

Answer: Use an aluminium free roll-on. xxx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I believe that aluminum at least causes memory loss. For years, when I lived in the mid-west, I would use aspirin with aluminum before Tylinol and other products were developed. I had sinus headaches every Spring and Fall. I was spacey all the time. I thought what's wrong with me? Now, I'm sure it was the aluminum in the asprin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.