Am i allergic to fish [ Please help ]

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently ate fish like 2 days ago it was a deep fried fish and at night i noticed a little bit of discomfort however the next day it was all good until i came at night  ( 6 PM ) ate fish it was just like 5 bites and i stopped because i did not like it however i started feeling not good, abdominal pain a bit, and like burning sensation on chest ( i do not have reflux as i have done the endoscopy not too long ago ) and then today i ate french fries and pizza but the french fries dip was with a barbecue i did not feel good at all after exactly 1 hour or 2 max i started feeling burning sensation in throat, chest and esopghagus then i started feeling the burning in my eyes and face and i would taste blood in my mouth but nothing is injured, difficulty swallowing and scratchy throat now as i was having a burning sensation and coughed a bit. Only to notice later that the bbq i ate contains fish..

So could it be fish allergy?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like it could be a slight allergic reaction, John. I would consult with a doctor about this as soon as you can. And until you see a doctor, stay away from fish and other fried foods. Better to be safe. Many people develop allergies later in life, so it's possible! Feel better soon...

Peace 

• Posted

The thing is i've ate last friday tuna then saturday bbq sauce with fish then sunday fried fish and then monday also fried fish and today bbq sauce with fish, the constant exposure to fish seems to have taken effect a lot today unlike other days.

• Posted

I would think it's due to the fried fish and chips more than an allergy. I had to stop eating fried food for similar reasons as you! Heartburn, reflux and indigestion symptoms even now if I try to eat fryups. I have to take Omprazole every day as the reflux stll occurs. It may be that your gall bladder and pancreas can't tolerate such foods any more. Try eating a plain diet with no fat for awhile. If you cough or spit blood go th the doc pronto!

• Posted

Yes, that's another thought I had. It may be acid reflux. Fried food kind of catches up to you as you get older. When I turned 20, suddenly I couldn't handle greasy food constantly. Haha. But yes, John, change up your and see if it helps. If not, definitely see your GP. It doesn't sound serious though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.