Am I on the road to recovery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started getting a rash last Friday but no herald patch. It appeared on my stomach and back and my scalp. The itchiness is unbearable at night so my doctor prescribed me Elocon steroid cream (which ive used before as suffer with lupus) and a strong antihistame (1 a day) and piriton which i am taking 4 a day of. Last night the itching died down a bit and rash is looking bit better. Am i on the road to recovery??? Does anyone go swimming as i am a regular swimmer and want to go back when our pool reopens.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey

I posted in here a while back (2019) when i was suffering from PR for the first time. I honestly feel like i had the worst case of it ! Even my gp after 4 visits pleading with them to help me on the the final visit when they could physically see how bad it was finally prescribed me some antivirals which i thought at the time may have helped but it was so bad I couldn’t really tell but did some how managed a week at Glastonbury (it was a long week) . However to my point about 2.5 weeks ago I noticed what I thought was potentially ringworm (thinking naively PR wouldn’t ever return after having it already - advice given to me by my gp) so I booked emergency appt went to gp and they confirmed my worst fear another case of PR however this time I was prescribed the antivirals straight way (aciclyvor 800mg 5x / day) and a hydrocortisone cream (which I just add I’ve only used once ) .

So I come home in tears and again took to google - so this is what I’ve done the last 8 days -

Taken antivirals

Washed in head and shoulders , coolish showers, then applied aveeno cream (menthol one)

Supplements- vit E , C, D , zinc & L-lysine.

One anti histamine per day

X4 kalms (to ease any potential stress)

Now I don’t know which of the above has worked specifically or if it’s a combination but this hasn’t escalated beyond a herald patch and few red dots that in my first case multiplied rapidly spreading growing and just ruining my life really lol . The herald patch has almost gone and the red dots that appeared have pretty much vanished . I hope this helps someone as I know how difficult that time of my life was . I’ve attached pictures of my first case (the bad first two 2019 - the second pics herald patch and start if the spread but this hasnt gone any further and is almost gone ) this second case ive been following the steps above .

imageimageimageimage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.