Am I rapid cycling again?

Posted , 3 users are following.

A lot of intense, traumatic stuff has happened in my life last two years and have had a few little blips but haven't gone to get medical help as i have usually managed to get out of my episodes by taking my meds and keeping busy/talkin to people. However, when I get into these depressions I get fleeting suicidal thoughts straight away and feel completely useless and constantly tired/agitated. I have fallen back into a depression last few days and was very suicidal yesterday but did not feel like I could say to anyone as I was scared. Just thinking Ill wait for it to go but maybe I should go see my psychiatrist and see what they say as I was discharged a year ago as I was very stable and following the plan. Have had few hypomanic episodes as well this last year or so, where I have had slight delusions and impulsive hyperactivity. Since all the negative events took place, moods have become kinda rapid again so  not sure what to do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Harry. Sorry to hear you've had alot to deal with recently. I've only been diagnosed Bipolar 2 just over a month ago so very new to it but looking back over many years I realise I've had it for a while. I would mention how you're feeling to a close relative or friend so they can offer support at times like these. High stress has possibly triggered how you're feeling now. It would be good for you to see your psychiatrist too just so that he knows how you are and can offer advice/medication. The suicidal thoughts are so awful and I can really empathise with you as I have had them myself a week ago. I had my medication changed just 4 days ago and already have an improvement. Never be scared to let someone know how hard it is for you as everyone who cares for you will want to help and see you get back to good health. Jackie

• Posted

Hi Harry

First of all I would definitely go and see your physciatrist, I would also take your medication on a daily basis not just when you feel unwell. I've had times where I've been rapid cycling, and these times can be tough as you change mood with a blink of an eye but if found that taking my medication every day as phased these out. If I were you I would make an urgent appointment or go to see your duty professional as soon as you can and discuss this with them. I hope you get it sorted quickly I e been where u are and it's very hard. All the best. X

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I have been taking my meds consistently and resisted hypomanic urges to stop but still have remained rapid cycling through the entire winter period (spent 200 pound online in a day, drank/clubbing three nights in a row, sleepin problems on and off and then low mood, loss of interest and self destructive thoughts.) Goin to see psychiatrist in few weeks because Im still rapid cycling with only few days where I am stable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.