Amitriptyline please help!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm desperately looking for some help and advice.

On the 11th of this month I was prescribed 10mg amitriptyline for fibromyalgia.

On the second day of taking I felt so vacant, detached, I could hear myself speaking but couldn't tell what I was saying. felt completely not here.

From then on it got a million times worse.

Debilitating anxiety, massive adrenaline rushes one often the other. Panic attacks. Constant palpitations. Constant bad thoughts, felt like I was having a nervous breakdown.

After the 7th day I contacted my gp and said my side effects are so severe can I stop taking them and they said yes.

11 days later here I am. Can't function, can't work. The anxiety is so severe I've never felt anything like it in my life. Can't sleep, can't eat. Panic attacks. Shivering and cold 1 minute, sweating the next. Still feel detached.

Went to the hospital yesterday as I couldn't stand the anxiety 1 minute longer. Bloods came back ok so they sent me home. I begged them to keep me in. The doctor said it's not because of the amitriptyline as it should be out of my system now, he checked on google 🙄 . It's all because of the amitriptyline.

Rang my doctors this morning and have been given propanolol and diazepam.

Even the diazepam is only lasting an hour and half as the anxiety is that severe.

I'm just so scared as I don't understand what's happening and how something can do this in the short time I took it.

Wondering if I will always be like this now as I can't get any answers as to what's happened. What if its permanent 😫

Wish I could go back in time and I wouldn't touch it 😥😥

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.