Amlodipine induced tinnitus !

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had tinnitus on day one, after taking Amlodipine . I have now taken myself off the medication, and I still have the tinnitus, almost three weeks later ! Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with this medication? If so, how long did the tinnitus carry on for, after discontinuing the treatment? Hopefully, it is only temporary, but I am becoming a little concerned !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I doubt it will last, just drink alot of water and flush your system, use ginko biloba, only T i know that stays is the one from noise induced, which is what i got, relax! You will be ok, see your ENT if you got one, make sure is a good one, most are not!
    • Posted

Hi Ray

Thank you for your advice and positivity. I will try drinking lots of water - which is a good thing to do anyway, so I am hopeful it will help. So sorry to hear your tinnitus is noise induced and, being so is,probably far more of a problems. Take care, and I really hope you recover quickly.

• Edited

Sorry to hear this.

Sad to say you will probably have this the rest of your days.

I got mine back in 1987 and still have it.

The sooner you just suck it up and understand that there is nothing that can be done now the sooner you can move on.

You do not get a handicap sticker and no one can see it.

It was a side effect that was listed on the warning and there it is. Hope the anti biodict worked for you.

Sorry but your in the club now.

Glenn

Bigearinc. Com

• Edited

Thank you for the post Glenn. You seem to have a positive and matter of fact approach to your tinnitus, which I am sure is the way forward ! It isn't much good dwelling on things that you cannot change ! I do feel annoyed about medication side affects - I thought they went away once you stopped taking them - but it doesn't seem to be the case here ! Take care, and I really hope you will wake one morning, tinnitus free !
    • Posted

Dont worry Joan, things will get better, habituation is a fact and you will aquire it, and i really think it will go away, just keep searching and dont give up, just accapt it for now and it will get better, I feel your pain and anxiety, but i promose it will get better!
    • Posted

Hi @joan9 are you still with tinnitus please? I am in the same situation as you

thank you, Claire

• Posted

Sorry to hear the stories here. I was started on a treatment of Amlodpine 5mg once a day for high blood pressure a few months ago. All went well for the first 4 weeks. I then started to experience severe tinnitus in both ears. On advice, I've stopped taking the medication but the tinnitus continues. It is now a whole month since I stopped taking Amplodpine but the tinnitus continues with a vengeance. I've always had good hearing and never suffered from tinnitus before. Looks like I'm going to have to learn to live with it 😦. Just wish it would go - it's driving me mad!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.