Anaemia

Posted , 12 users are following.

Good Morning, insomnia kicking in! I've been on Pred for nearly a month and I'm sure I'm anaemic, has anyone suffered the same? I'v put my lack of energy and tiredness and fussy head down to the pred or PMR itself, but the colour of my skin is so pale and when I pull my eye lids they are pink not red!! Any other problem by the looks of it! So fed up with this and it's only been 2 months of PMR, I WISH I COULD SLEEP FOR A FEW YEARS UNTIL ITS GONE,

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I understand that B-12 sublingual could be beneficial for the symptoms you describe. The internet can give you information about B-12.  You could check with your GP about it also.  I have used it, and it has helped me.

• Posted

Last part of paragraph!   Not heard that one on this forum yet.  What a thought? How old are you?  A "few years" would be rather risky I fear!!!!

Unfortunately your journey is just beginning,  but take heart, some sufferers of PMR don't have too bad a time of it.  

Have you asked your Dr about anaemia?  He, of course, should be your first call.

• Posted

forgot to say Constance I'm only just 50 years old with a 12 year old son. My life is busy, with a job so I need to be active but unfortunately my life will be on hold for how ever long it takes! 
  • Posted

When I reduced my Preds too quickly I was so tired I spent a week in bed. Never done that in my whole life !

it helped a lot because I did a lot of research and found so many reasons for tiredness and pain. I changed everything after that and especially my diet. Green vegetable powder mixed with juice every evening helps me sleep well. That is the first problem to address. There are a number of vitamins and minerals that go awol especially if you have also been prescribed stomach acid reduction tablets. I found magnesium, zinc and B12 were very low also calcium was up the creek but Doc prescribed  Fultium D3 gel capsuls as the chalky ones made me very sick. I have adjusted my diet considerably and added a great deal more green vegetables which have definitely made an improvement.

• Posted

thanks Christine! I've upped my dark greens over the Last month, but have been run down for a few months prior to diagnosis, so I bet my reserves were low to start with.
    • Posted

Hi Christine, where do you buy Green Vegetable powder mix from, and can you take with anything else beside fruit juice. Thanks Margaret
    • Posted

I get it from Amazon...and you can mix it with anything you like but a small amount of fruit juice is best for me.
    • Posted

Hi Christina which make of Green Vegetable powder mix do you take, i have seen a few in Holland and Barretts, and as i have a coupan with 50% discount i thought i would get some today i have read list of food and it seems good, it says you can add to smoothies as well.
    • Posted

Super green with improved flavour. If it does not say improved flavour its last years stock.
  • Posted

Hi Andrea, welcome. Pre diagnosis, actually it should have been your very first blood test, even before CRP /ESR blood test your Dr should have tested for anaemia. I was slightly anaemic and that problem has normalised by taking just 14mgs of iron daily. All the best, christina 
  • Posted

Your can get super green vegetable powder from Amazon and it works very quickly, especially if you have sleep problems !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.