Anal Fissure Operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a anal Fissure surgery last Thursday. There wa a little complication due to an abcess they had to remove as well they found after they went in. It in now Wednesday of the next week and have bad pain especially after bowel movements. I have to take a sith bath right after to ease the pain. It feels like a burning in my bum thinking that excess fecus is perhaps on the cut. Anyone have any ideas? Should this be lasting this long after surgery? I was hoping to go to work on Monday but this is too painful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think I replied to you on another post. I would recommend using calmoseptine ointment, which is a mix of zinc oxide and menthol, to relieve some of the pain after using the bathroom.

Also, as far as post surgery, ti took me about two full weeks to fully recover. If you are still having the same amount of pain post surgery as you had before the surgery after about two weeks, I would go back to your doctor.

best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.