Anal Fissures gone!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been thru the most excruciatingly painful 3 weeks of my life. At first I thought it was an abscess but turned out to be very painful anal fissures. Needless to say, BM was unbearable and I have cried myself to sleep at times.

I went to a colo rectal surgeon who asked me to take physillium husk, and GNT with lots of pain killers. The husk helped softening the stools but the medication did nothing.

After all that misery I found my cure!!!!! Lots and lots of sitz baths and good old Sudocrem. Not a thin layer like the instructions say but one blob full of it right up the bum

I promise you. Sudocrem is the answer. Please please try it and you will be pain free in just 3 days.

God bless all those who are suffering from fissures and I pray you all heal soon.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm happy to hear you found something that worked for you! We all know that pain, and it's always good to hear when someone finds an answer.

I myself haven't had a flare up in a couple months now! Of course, I'm sure the doctor would not like hearing how I'm accomplishing that. I use hemorrhoidal OINTMENT (NOT the white cream) after EVERY BM. Whether I flare up or not, I use it. Somehow, I am not getting flare ups at all by using this method. Thought I would share that just in case it might help anybody else.

• Posted

I know what you mean. I'm glad you're feeling better. It was so disheartening for me when the doc asked me to come back in 40 days...I didn't want to have this in 40 days! Since Sudocrem is a zinc based ointment it worked wonders on the fissure since zinc helps cure skin conditions. I've heard zinc supplements are good too but I don't see it working as fast as the ointment itself.

I really hope people try this ointment because I'm certain it will work. (Not a thin layer though..lots and lots of it!) As many times a day as you can apply it

• Posted

Thanks for sharing!

I had monthly fissure reoccurrences for 3 years I had thought at the time it was monthly hemorrhoids but have since found out that it was fissures. The worst episode started last December and I wasn't completely free until September. I was in pain sometimes for up to 8 hours straight no break no escape! this continued for 4 months then it subsided enough that I could work full time again but I was still in daily pain and agony when sitting,taking sitz baths morning, lunch break and evening. I tried countless remedies; coconut oil various medicated creams, suppositories. Saw multiple doctors and naturopath was on an insanely strict diet and exercise plan. it wasn't until I saw a surgeon after 6-7 months of daily pain that the surgeon talked me into using nitrol ointment compounded at 0.2%. She said she wanted me to try it before she'd do surgery. I was offered it by doctors before but I was really concerned about the side effect of bad headaches, but she told me that if I use the tiniest of dabs and very sparingly (think a dab of wasabi on a peice of sushi) then slowly increase I shouldn't get a headache. She also cautioned to not touch the ointment with my hand or I would get headache, she said I should use gloves or qtip to lightly dab outer anus 4 times/ day. I saw results in 2 days and continuously increased healing daily after that!! I'm now pain and symptom free for 3 months!! and can finally live life normally again!!! I strongly recommend doing yourself a favor and be rid of fissures for good! Hope you heal soon, take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.