Ankle pain and stiffness 4 weeks Post op Arthroscopy. Is this normal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had an ankle arthroscopy 4 weeks ago due to an Impingment and stiffness. My ortho cleaned out a lot of soft/scar tissue because i sprained my ankle 2 yrs ago. Before the surgery, im experiencing ankle pain and stiffness first thing in the morning or after period of inactivity like sitting. Then after few steps, the pain will ease and disappear. It tend to ease with movment. Now that its been 4 weeks already after arthroscopy. My ankle is still stiff today, after period of inactivity. Is this normal? The pain when i dorsiflex is now gone, but the stiffness is still here. Im being paranoid now i thought that this will fix the stiffness/pain. Is this somekind of arthritis. Please help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.