Ankle stiffness after ligament reconstruction 7.5 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 7.5 months post of for ankle reconstruction (ATFL, CFL, small bony fracture removed, bones aligned and clean out). Recovery has been tough with wasting 3 months with a rubbish physio which I am now paying privately for. My new physio therapist is great and has got my knee to wall 4cm to 10cm , foot strength matching my other foot now and same height for a single calf raise. He performs manual mobilisation and also shockwave therapy to help with swelling and scar tissue. My step count daily reaches 5k minimum and actively moving more.

the issue I'm currently having is the feeling of restriction and tightness at the front of my ankle. when i walk i can feel it and it gives me a slight limp my ankle is bigger than the other still and my physio did say that i likely still have swelling inside the joint (surgeon said 12 months I could swell for) my physio also said my ligaments feel tight. I'm worried if this feeling wont ever go away? i still struggle going down stairs and bending down due to this also. i have full range for everything apart from dorsiflexion which is a tough beast

did anyone else have swelling and the feeling of restriction front of ankle? was it due to scar tissue or just swelling?

Ive worked so hard with recovery and just feeling very flat like ill never be back to normal again

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.