Ankle surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have had ankle surgery on the 10th of February after 6 weeks of no weight bearing i have had my cask off and been told to weight bear i have a screw through the back of my ankle and i am terrified of putting weight on my foot i have crutches but afraid to use them so i use my walker i have a boot would this help with my transition back to walking,i can point my toes up and down and move my foot in a circular motion but still terrified and keep bursting in to tears any help would be appreciated.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

in time once you begin to heal more during the next few weeks little movements grow into bigger movements ... like a ball rolling down hill picks up momentum so will your confidence in your movements.

i broke my left ankle and torn the achilles tendon i the other at the same time.

you just been thru a lot of trauma. take some time to pamper yourself , relax and let go of the anxiety .

Your Bodies natural healing power will show you the way. just listen as the healing weeks roll by like yesterday. in a few months it will not even be a uninterrupted memory.

sending healing blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.