Ankylosing spondylitis, stress and anxiety. Any help and advice appreciated!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

My life is basically falling to pieces and i am about to give up.

I have had ankylosing spondylits for 17 years and also have persistent idiopathic facial pain. I have only been able to work part time for years because of this.

I have had a lot of ups and downs since covid started. First I was advised to isolate when the pandemic first started. This wasn't great for me and my partner financially as i did not receive any payments from my employer and we just received the basic universal credit. I then returned to work but on reduced hours. I eventually had to find another job but unfortunately, i have been ill on several occasions.

I am have been off since March this year as I had a 2nd miscarriage which has then flared up AS suffering with pain in my hips and joints. My hands have also been really bad to the point it hurts to type. I am on imraldi injections every 2 weeks and have just been prescribed naproxen and co-codamol which help a bit but not great.

I am stuggling to do things, the pain and fatigue is really getting me down, along with the lack of money and support from my family and friends, I'm in the process of losing my job, the job centre keep hassling me every week, debt collectors are ringing me every day, I literally have no money and I am just waiting for GP's and Rheumatology to do something.

I don't mean to sound poor me but I wanted to give an overview of my life atm. Please, if anyone can give me some advice of where I can get some help or support for my illnesses, money and debt i'd be more than grateful.

Many thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

you are not alone . many have expressed the same feelings. the best i have done in the same situation is find what helps my pain and also keep up with daily routines . its becoming your own health advocate and research , exercise, practice mind. ful ness and or other management programs that are available . a pain clinic can help with severe pain , PT, and all the stuff to loose weight low sugars and low carb diets etc. all the stuff we generally already know we need to put into practice for less suffering . getting back on track and accept the differences we have to and not be stuck in not helping ourselves with out changing our life style. its only a different way to accept that our body's are changing and out mind set needs to change too. sometimes there is no magic answer but acceptance and revaluating our lifestyle is a biggie...

• Edited

You are right. I've been so stressed with everything, I haven't been looking after myself as much as I should.

Thank you for your reply, I needed that. Time to pull myself together😃

Claire

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.