Another concern.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So it's the Setsuna from this thread again: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/just-another-post-related-to-anxiety--448291

I had to create a new account because I forgot my password.

Anyway, here's what's bugging me. 

Before three days ago, I felt completely fine, like I was finally able to actually live my life. 

Well, that all changed until I began to feel my heart "flutter" or "twitch".

This has been a constant thing for four days, and along with the fluttering/twitching, I also experience a dripping/leaking sensation in my chest. Like a bead of sweat going down your chest, but no sweat. 

Normally, these twitches will happen in the upper-left area of my chest. Last night I was taken to the hospital, EKG testing, and once again, everything was fine.

I'm not sure of what I should do anymore. The dripping sensation is beginning to scare me. I go to the pediatrician in seven days, but I'm scared that something may happen beforehand.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Replies would be very helpful.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've been experiencing the exact same thing as you are lately, and even the weird dripping sensation! I get some pretty strange sensations on my chest area I also always get an impulse to itch my chest and this is only when I'm feeling anxious. I had a ECG about 6 weeks ago just a random kinda one so I was fine for a while but last Thursday night I was so fearful (after ignoring these flutters for a week) I went and saw a doctor and he checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart and said I'm okay. I went to my GP Monday she listened to my heart and said I'm fine. Apparently these palps and flutters are normal it's just us anxiety sufferes notice them a lot more! I've been given a very low dose of beta blockers which are suppose to slow your heart down and stop the weird anxiety symptoms. But go see your doctor for reassurance.. Best of luck=)
    • Posted

aaa thank you so much for your reply

I went to see my doctor, and he said everything was just fine. But I just can't shake the feeling that something is internally wrong. It's very stressing indeed. 

You have no idea how thankful I am for your reply. 

• Posted

No problem! How you feeling today? Do you take any medication and have you ever had any form of therapy?
    • Posted

I feel the same as I have been feeling these past few days. I would probably describe it as "sluggish". As for the medication, I answered this in the last thread.

"I used to take six different kinds of medication for this.

I'm only taking four now. Here are all of them as follows:

Naproxen, Alprazolam, Sertraline, Buspirone, Ibuprofen, and Aspirin."

Right now, I'm only taking Sertraline. 

As for the therapy, I declined that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.